Monday, December 13, 2010

Jess said nothing to me. She took a few more drags and checked her lip gloss. She was a great friend, but still fairly self-absorbed. She pushed her boobs up and got out of the car.

I can't believe I'm considering this let alone dragging someone else in. How long has it been? Oh God, she wouldn't talk to him? Would she?

I loved Jess with all my heart. We survived high school together and college apart. We lived in different states with different lifestyles. We would go months without speaking to each other, sometimes time just slipped away and other times I just avoided her. While I was settling down with Jake, getting my degree, and "growing up," Jess was playing house with jerk after jerk. As much as I wanted to be there for her, I didn't always have the energy to throw her a pity party.

When she met Liam I was frankly relieved. He was older, had a steady job, was close with his family, but most importantly, he made her happy. For once she was with someone who didn't put her down and was apparently okay with her mood swings. I was thrilled for her. Their wedding took place in March and Liam and Jess moved back to the Seattle area a few months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment